We are seeking applications for Hockey Coaches and a Head of Womens Hockey for the coming 2022/2023 season across our senior section 🏑
All coaching positions would involve coaching a dedicated team for two evenings a week and weekend matches or fixtures as required.
✔️ Level 1 Coaching or relevant coaching experience
✔️ Completed code of ethics
✔️ Garda Vetting
✔️ Agree to LHA code of conduct for sport leaders
📧 If interested please, submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st March 2022.
Head of Womens Hockey - New position opening 🏑
Summary Role Description:
The Head of Women’s Hockey (HOWH) will be the primary point of contact for all Women’s hockey matters at Bray Hockey Club and work closely with the Coaches, Club Captain and Committee regarding coaching activities and support, registrations and fixtures, events, etc. and further support in an administrative capacity
The below mentioned duties are not exclusive and may include other duties and / or obligations consistent with the role description. Duties may vary at the discretion of the Club president & Vice-President without changing the character of the job or level of the responsibility.
Oversee pre-season and in-season hockey across the Women’s section
• Organize and oversee pre-season trials across all teams
• Support Coaches with selection process, ensuring transparent and fair process undertaken
• Organize and oversee in-season hockey development sessions which may include the hiring of outside specialist coaches within the budgeted amounts
• Provide advice to coaches regarding training sessions structure, drills and player management
• Attend bi-monthly training sessions for all squads to observe and provide an independent evaluation of both players and coaches
Oversee coaching development
• Organize pre-season and in-season coach development sessions
• Share updates to Coaches of Coaching training opportunities (i.e. Level 1, Level 2 etc)
• Be a resource to coaches regarding practice plans by providing ideas, drills, and execution of the skill progression for each level
• Consult with President & Vice President on programs and issues that arise with respect to coaching and between coaching staff members
Administration & Other Tasks
• Ensure all Coaches have provided required and up to date documentation and certification (i.e Garda Vetting, Level 1s, Fundamentals, etc)
• Administration and management of Women’s registrations
• Administration and management of Women’s fixtures
• Maintain cohesive and open communications with the Men’s and Junior sections, seeking opportunities to collaborate and create cross club experiences and events
• Serve as the primary point of contact for both coaches and parents regarding inquires with respect to hockey development issues for underage players within the Senior club
• Liaise as needed with the Child Protection Officer and Designated Person
• Consultation regarding complaints. - Although the HOWH will not be the primary point of contact for complaints the President/Vice-President an/or extended Disciplinary Committee may seek input from the HOWH as needed
✔️ Bray Hockey Club is seeking someone with a strong understanding of sport planning and management with strong organizational, administrative and communication skills.
✔️ If you feel you have the necessary skills and qualifications to carry out this role, please contact Ruth McDonagh for further information via email email@example.com
✔️ All enquiries regarding this role will be held in the strictest confidence. The closing date for applications is 1st April 2022.